BRIC NS is looking for a citizen representative to sit on its Advisory Council.
Position: Citizen members will join the Advisory Council and will provide input and support to the council by providing a unique, citizen perspective.
We are looking for one (1) Nova Scotia resident with one or more of the following:
- Experience with different aspects of the health care system (primary care, emergency services, long term care, etc.) as either a patient or caregiver
- Experience accessing services in other sectors (such as education, housing or social services) for self or a family member
- Experience and/or interest in Research, Knowledge Translation or Patient Engagement
- An interest in reducing the burden faced by people with complex needs and in increasing the effectiveness of the health care system
- A broad sense of the challenges and opportunities that face health care within Canada and specifically Nova Scotia
- The ability to share perspectives and a willingness to view them in a broader context
- The ability to listen to all perspectives in an honest and respectful way
- A demonstrated sense of community, volunteerism and citizenship
- Fundraising experience
- Communications experience
- Interest in travelling to attend a national meeting
Members will serve two year terms, beginning fall 2016. Please note that these are volunteer positions.
Read the full position description here: Advisory Council – Citizen Representative
These positions have been filled. If you are interested in joining BRIC NS please fill out our membership form.