BRIC NS held its first Project Incubator of 2017 on Monday, March 27. With a focus on project development, particularly for projects that will be submitted to one of the upcoming SPOR PIHCI Network funding opportunities, groups divided into three key priority areas:
- Meeting mental health care needs in the community through primary healthcare
- Chronic disease management
- Coordination through a central location (such as a wellness centre)
- Community focused care for seniors and those approaching the end of life
Moving ideas into action, outcomes for the meeting included:
- The development of core project teams and ownership for projects
- Fine tuning of research questions
- The outline of plans and next steps
- Identifying which other team members are needed (e.g. knowledge users, patients, clinicians, policy makers, other research expertise, etc.)
Projects looking for new team members, ways to spread the research, and/or are moving on to the next phase of development were also presented.
Attendees are encouraged to connect with BRIC NS as they move their projects forward.