Please note that the competition is now closed.
BRIC NS is looking for a citizen representative to sit on its Advisory Council.
Position: Citizen members will join the BRIC NS Advisory Council and will provide input and support to the council by providing a unique, citizen perspective.
We are looking for one (1) Nova Scotia resident with one or more of the following:
- Experience with different aspects of the health care system (primary care, emergency services, long term care, etc.) as either a patient or caregiver
- Experience accessing services in other sectors (such as education, housing or social services) for self or a family member
- Experience and/or interest in Research, Knowledge Translation or Patient Engagement
- An interest in reducing the burden faced by people with complex needs and in increasing the effectiveness of the health care system
- A broad sense of the challenges and opportunities that face health care within Canada and specifically Nova Scotia
- The ability to share perspectives and a willingness to view them in a broader context
- The ability to listen to all perspectives in an honest and respectful way
- A demonstrated sense of community, volunteerism and citizenship
- Fundraising experience
- Communications experience
- Interest in travelling to attend a national meeting
Members will serve two year terms, beginning fall 2018.
Read the full position description here: Advisory Council – Citizen Representative
Please note: These are volunteer positions. If this opportunity is of interest, please send a resumé and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why you believe you can provide valuable input and support to the BRIC NS Advisory Council.
Applications are due on or before September 10, 2018 (updated)
September 7, 2018. For more information, or to apply, please contact Jessica Nowlan at email@example.com.