Applications for the BRIC NS Student Research Award 2021 Cycle are now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied. Recipients will be notified over the summer.
The goal of the BRIC NS Student Research Award is to encourage future health researchers to consider primary and integrated health care research as part of their career path.
The award is offered annually to a minimum of two recipients. In addition to receiving this prestigious recognition, BRIC NS will contribute an award of $1,500 (non-renewable) to assist the recipient in furthering their research.
To be considered for this award, applicants must:
- Be a member of BRIC NS (membership is free and can be obtained on our Membership page).
- Be a Master’s Student, Doctoral Student, or Medical Resident attending a Nova Scotia post-secondary institution.
- Be engaged in research in BRIC NS’s priority areas (Listed on our Priorities page).
A completed application package must be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject heading “BRIC NS Student Research Award 2021.” Applications must include:
- Completed application page
- Research project description (see application guidelines for format requirements)
- Applicant CV
- Copy of academic transcripts
- A letter of reference submitted separately by the referee.
Applications are assessed by the BRIC NS Student Research Award Review Committee using the following criteria and marking rubric:
- Relevance and potential impact of the research project to BRIC NS’s goals and research priorities (20%)
- Quality and feasibility of the proposed research project (20%)
- The relationship of the work to primary health care (15%)
- Quality and feasibility of the patient engagement plan (15%)
- Quality and feasibility of the knowledge translation plan (15%)
- Quality, relevance and potential impact of academic abilities, training and past experiences (15%)
For all inquiries pertaining to this award:
Contact Jessica Nowlan